Friday, July 12, 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder Review


This product has been the most remarkable product of its kind that I have ever used because of its spot on exact claims. Rimmel’s “Stay Matte” says it all. It does gives you a smooth and shine-free look. I basically bought this for my trip to the Philippines, thinking that the weather could get hotter or even more humid and to stay looking fresh is all I ever wanted. I'm definitely loving this powder even though it only gives me light coverage. The important thing for me is how it helps regulate the oils on my face yet lightweight on the skin. It also helps minimize the appearance of pores while achieving a long lasting shine control. Containing natural mineral is also a plus!


I have a combination (dry-oily) skin but I did not have to worry about creasing or looking too cakey, instead my face felt silky and smooth. Like what the product claims, it really ‘stays matte’! I also used it over a liquid based foundation to set it and I never had to worry about retouching. I rarely use it during winter especially when the weather is already making my skin dry. The only problem with this product is the packaging. I hate how the lid comes off easily even though it is made to twist the cap for it to stay closed. If I ever take it with me, I make sure it's in a separate tight bag to avoid accidental mess.

This powder comes in 3 shades: Transparent, Sandstorm and the Silky Beige which is what I am using right now. Since most stores vary in prices and discounts, I bought mine at Walgreens for $5.99 which is really not bad for a mattifying powder. Mentioning all the pros and cons of this product, I’d say I would repurchase it and will definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

❧ Thanks for visiting my blog! I would love to read all your comments and I'm also very generous in commenting back. :D Make sure to click the "Subscribe By Email" link below the comment form to be notified of follow up comments and replies. ❧